As methane is second only to carbon dioxide in its impact on the climate, addressing methane emissions in the energy sectors is critical. The Energy Community Secretariat is proud to kick off its monthly Methane Mondays webinar series on 1 March 2021.
In the course of seven webinars, the Secretariat will seek to improve Energy Community stakeholders’ knowledge about the importance of tackling methane leakage and best practices in the measurement and reporting of methane emissions, including EU policies and other ongoing initiatives. The webinars aim to attract gas transmission, distribution and storage system operators, national energy regulatory authorities, energy companies as well as all other interested stakeholders.
The webinars will be done in cooperation with GIE, MARCOGAZ, Methane Guiding Principles (MGP) and other leading industry experts. They are free of change and will typically run every first Monday of the month.
The event's media partner is Oil, Gas & Energy Law (OGEL), a peer-reviewed academic journal covering all aspects of law pertaining to oil, gas, and energy in general.
- 1 March: Quantification and reporting framework of methane emissions Register
- 29 March: Energy Community report on methane emissions
- 26 April: MARCOGAZ technical recommendations on methane emissions
- 7 June: MGP Best Practice Guidelines
- 6 September: MARCOGAZ / GIE Target setting recommendations
- 4 October: Methane emissions detection, measurement and quantification technologies
- 8 November: EU Strategy follow up/ EU legislative process