In the course of the year, the Secretariat is frequently asked by different stakeholders of the Contracting Parties for its opinion on compliance of particular provisions of national laws and secondary legal acts with the Energy Community acquis.
This regular work of the Secretariat is not reflected in the annual Implementation Reports since the explanations are too extensive to be published in a condensed form. Neither is it part of the official dispute settlement procedure.
In order to make at least some of these assessments easily accessible to all stakeholders, the Secretariat decided to start publishing a series of compliance notes. While certain compliance notes will be of national relevance only, others will be applicable across the Energy Community Contracting Parties. The compliance notes will provide an additional support tool for the Contracting Parties to align their legal and regulatory framework with the Energy Community acquis.
- CN 02/2021 Albania - assessment of compliance by the DSO with the unbundling requirements of the Electricity Directive
- CN 01/2021, Ukraine – assessment of NEURC’s approach to regulatory assets based and incentive based regulation of distribution network tariffs
- CN 03/2020, Ukraine – electricity Public Service Obligations Act 2020
- CN 02/2020, Georgia- competences in adoption of Ten Years Network Development Plan
- CN 01/2020, Ukraine – electricity transmission and dispatch tariff with respect to the tariffs for export and import
- CN 01/2018 Ukraine - assessment of the set of regulations and methodologies for network tariff setting